Transportation Billing Policies
A transportation billing policy must be added to the system before a fees schedule can be defined. To add a billing policy, click on the Billing tab (on the menu bar) > Policies. Then click on the icon next to Transportation Billing Policies to open up the following form to fill out the billing policies.
The fields for the form above are explained below:
- Label: Name for the billing policy.
- In area code: The code from the fee schedule to bill In area service
- Out area code: The code from the fee schedule to bill Out area service.
- Mileage code: The code from the fee schedule to be used when billing miles. To enter the codes with a modifier, leave a space between code and the modifier. For eg: TAT(SPACE)TN.
- Billing location: Enter the billing location.
- Out of Area zip codes: Enter out of area zip codes here.
- Default diagnosis: Default diagnosis Code to use if no Dx on file.
- Ahcccs diagnosis:Diagnosis Code to use if no Dx on file, only for payor ahcccs.
- Note: The code in the billing policy and in the fee schedule must be the same.